ATHLETIC GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES FOR INTERSCHOLASTIC SPORTS - CLICK ON LINK (PLEASE FILL OUT AND RETURN BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS)
ATHLETICS: Students may try out for interscholastic teams in the following sports (more may be added as student interest and coaches permit):
School Online Store:
Here is the link to the store:
9/13/22 Middle Level Cross-Country meet @ Stowe has been cancelled.
FALL – Soccer – 7th Grade Girls Soccer, 7th Grade Boys Soccer, 8th Grade Girls Soccer, 8th Grade Boys Soccer, and Cross-Country Running (Coed).
FALL SPORTS PRACTICES WILL BEGIN ON 8/29/23
*Any seventh or eighth grader interested in playing soccer or running cross-country can sign up by sending Stacy Stokes (firstname.lastname@example.org) their name, sport they want to play, phone number, and email address. Please email prior to school starting on 8/28/23.
7th grade girls' soccer - Coach Greg Davis email@example.com
7th grade boys' soccer - Coach Angie Faraci faracifamily@comcast. net
8th grade girls' soccer - Coach Greg Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
8th grade boys' soccer - Coach Angie email@example.com
Cross-Country Running - Coach Amy O'Toole firstname.lastname@example.org
PRACTICE SCHEDULES AND GAME SCHEDULES BELOW:
Winter Sports Sign-Ups
Nordic Skiing, Basketball and Dance
10/30/23 - 7:30-8:15 in middle school lobby
10/31/23 – 11:45-12:50 in the gym during lunch/break
10/2/23 – 11:45-12:50 in the gym during lunch/break
When your child signs-up they will receive the following:
Game Schedule, Practice Schedule, and Athletic Paperwork
WINTER – Basketball – 7th Grade Girls Basketball, 7th Grade Boys Basketball, 8th grade Girls Basketball, 8th Grade Boys Basketball, Cross-Country Skiing (Coed), and Dance Team (Coed)
Dance - Emma St. Cyr (email@example.com)
Nordic Skiing - Clare Salerno (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8th Grade Girls Basketball - Josh Aither (email@example.com)
7th Grade Girls Basketball - Beth Foy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8th Grade Boys Basketball - Evan Slayton (email@example.com)
7th Grade Boys Basketball - Robert Hoadley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WINTER SPORTS SEASON WILL START ON 11/27/23
WINTER SPORTS SCHEDULES:
WINTER SPORTS PRACTICE SCHEDULES:
SPRING SPORTS WILL BEGIN THE WEEK OF 4/1/23
SPRING – Softball (girls), Baseball (boys), Lacrosse (girls), Lacrosse (boys), and Track (Coed).
Softball - Coach Morin email@example.com
Baseball - Coach Hoadley firstname.lastname@example.org
Track - Coach O'Toole email@example.com
Girls Lacrosse - Coach Whitlock firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys Lacrosse -
LUMS offers many extra-curricular activities to students including drama, music (vocal and instrumental), dance, theater, ski-n-ride cross-country skiing, clubs, student government, and interscholastic sports. Parents are encouraged and welcomed to attend such activities.
RULES OF ELIGIBILITY
1. Academic Eligibility
ELIGIBILITY - Lamoille Union Middle School recognizes and promotes the priority of academics within our athletic and student activities programs. While extracurricular activities are an important part of education, academic success remains the primary focus. Coaches and advisors support this position, and will make every effort to accommodate students’ needs as they balance academics with extracurricular activities. It is essential that students and parents understand the following academic eligibility standards.
● Students receiving less than a "2" or INC.(Incomplete Evidence) in two classes during or from a preceding marking period will be placed on academic probation. While on probation, the student will be permitted to practice and/or meet with his/her team or group, but may not dress in uniform, travel with the team/group or participate in any games or meets.
● For all fall sports, eligibility for 8th graders will be determined by their final grades (trimester/quarter) from the previous school year. Students on academic probation for a fall sport will be permitted to practice and/or meet with his/her team or group, but may not dress in uniform, travel with the team/group or participate in any games or meets. Grades will be checked at the first progress report time to determine eligibility for the remainder of the season.
● All students placed on academic probation will have their grades reviewed by the Team and Athletic/Activities Director; at progress report and report card time. If academic requirements are met, they will be reinstated to full participation. If grades remain below the requirements, they will be deemed ineligible, and may not practice, participate or compete for the remainder of the season.
Students on Academic probation are encouraged to work closely with their teachers to regain full participation. After three weeks, students may request a form from the office to receive grade updates from their teachers to document their grades if they have raised them to at least a “2” and request to be removed from academic probation.
● Students who receive less than a "2" and/or Inc. in three or more classes during or from the preceding marking period are ineligible to participate or compete in athletics/interscholastic sports.
2. Conduct Eligibility
Again, athletic participation “is a privilege”. As athletes, you accept responsibility for your actions during and after school hours. As you travel around the state, you are our LUMS student representatives. Therefore, behaviors that result in office referrals, detentions, suspensions and/or unexcused absences must be dealt with directly. The following discipline criteria will be used for all middle level student athletes:
● Any behavior resulting in an In-School Suspension or Out of school suspension will result in the student missing their afterschool activities on the day(s) they have the suspension.
● Any behavior that results in a detention will result in missing the practice time or playing time that occurs during the detention period of 3:15-5:15 PM.
3. Participation Information
Prior to engaging in practice and/or game activities, a student must submit the following information:
● Proof of a completed physical within the last 2 years.
● Proof of insurance.
● Signed copy of the Athletic Code Agreement.
● Attended seven practices before they compete in a game or competition
These eligibility rules apply to the L.U.M.S. Ski-n-Ride Program.